Barista and Cafe Associate
Hazel Mountain Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in the Burren, County Clare. We make chocolate from only two ingredients—cocoa beans and cane sugar. Our chocolate cafe serves gluten free cakes, a farm to fork lunch menu backed by great coffee.
About The Job
Our remote cafe sees a flood of visitors and locals each day, which means you’ll spend a lot of time talking to customers about our mission, story, food and chocolate. You will be taking table orders making coffee and chocolate drinks, restocking,cleaning and responding to visitors’ questions in thoughtful detail. As a barista, you’ll train and spend a day with our production team to learn the ins and outs of chocolate making. After that, you’ll be ready to dive in and get your hands dirty. We're looking for a full-time team member to work 37 hours a week.
- Create espresso and hot chocolate drinks every day quickly and accurately.
- Consistently identify ways to improve operating procedures and customer experience
- Be timely, dress professionally, and be ready to work through your shift
- Inspire guests to know more about chocolate! You should be able to develop a quick rapport with customers by detailing our chocolate making process and why you relate to it.
- Be able to take table orders, and have a full understanding of our lunch menu
- Anticipate the needs of your coworkers by coming to work ready to perform for peak business hours.
- A passion for chocolate!
- 2-3 years of experience making espresso drinks is a plus
- Availability weekends
- Familiarity with a fast-paced work environment
- 1-2 years of retail or customer-facing work experience
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment
Hazel Mountain Chocolate constantly invests in its people and culture. Our beautiful location offers free parking, less traffic for commuters, located 35 minutes drive from Galway City / Ennis - Car pooling possibilities. A fair wage, no late hours, no split shifts.
Staff discounts, paid vacation time, training and education in the chocolate and food industry. In addition, our team members enjoys lots of chocolate tasting opportunities!
- Experience working for a leading chocolate producer in Ireland
- Fair & respectful work enviornment
- Paid holidays
- Promotion prospects within the company
- Free parking
- Shared tips
- Chocolate tasting opportunities